Join us for an insightful and thought-provoking workshop on July 18th and 19th, where we will explore the intersection of platforms, emerging technologies, and the news industry from a global perspective.
This event will bring together leading experts in the field who will shed light on the methodologies to study platforms, technologies, and marginalized communities. They will also discuss challenges and opportunities presented by platforms and emerging technologies in shaping the news industry and society, particularly marginalized communities. Through their research and expertise, they will delve into topics such as artificial intelligence, disinformation, digital media, and the role of platforms on society. Professor Tobias Blanke from Human(e) AI will open the workshop.
- Prof. Payal Arora (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Prof. Bruce Mutsvairo (Utrecht University)
- Prof. Thomas Poell (University of Amsterdam)
- Dr. Amanda Alencar (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Prof. Tobias Blanke (Human(e) AI, University of Amsterdam)
Other speakers include:
- Dr. Sina Blassnig (University of Zurich)
- Theresa Josephine Seipp (University of Amsterdam)
- Dr. Mathias Felip de Lima Santos (University of Amsterdam)
- Valeria Resendez Gómez (University of Amsterdam)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Poonpong Boonbhram (Walailak University, Thailand)
- Dr. Attanan Tachopisalwong (Walailak University, Thailand)
- Dr. Yuttana Jaroenruen (Walailak University, Thailand)
- Dr. Shiella Balbutin (Xavier University - Ateneo de Cagayan, Philippines)
- Dr. Tang Mui Joo (Tunku Abdul Rahman University of Management and Technology, Malaysia)
- Dr. Tan Ling Ling (Tunku Abdul Rahman University of Management and Technology, Malaysia)
- Amalia Nurul Muthmainnah (Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya, Indonesia)
Stay tuned for more information.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights, engage in meaningful discussions, and connect with professionals and researchers from around the world. Mark your calendars and join us for an intellectually stimulating event!
Funded by GDC and Human(e) AI